Emacs 28 pretest MS Windows snapshots

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Emacs 28 pretest MS Windows snapshots
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 14:38:29 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded emacs-28.0.50-snapshot-2020-06-26-x86_64-no-deps.zip from
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-28/, thinking it would be
usable with the usual image-handling dlls I've had for years.

Nope.  Missing libgmp-10.dll.

Is it normal that now the choices are either (1) get the complete, additional
50M snapshot or (2) have to install dlls such as this separately?  It used to
be possible to just have separate support for PNG, JPG, etc.

Also, the README-windows-binaries in the same directory says this:

 In addition, we provide the following files which will
 not be useful for most end-users.

 emacs-$VERSION-x86_64-deps.zip

 The dependencies. Unzipping this file on top of
 emacs-$VERSION-x86_64-no-deps.zip should result in the same install as
 emacs-$VERSION-x86_64.zip.

I see no such *-deps.zip file.  So I guess I need to download the full sack now.

The README-* file also has hard-coded "emacs-27" in place of emacs-$VERSION in
two places.