Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs? WAS: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 18:36:31 +0300

On Sun, 2020-06-21 at 14:49 +0100, João Távora wrote:
> > is my
> > get
> > >
> > > I hope you realize how saying that makes your opinions matter much
> > > less, do you?
> >
> > No, I don't.
>
> I think what Eli and Ricardo (and now me), are trying to alert you to is that
> starting a discussion about working methods of GNU projects from a position of
> such a broad disdain of such projects ("not any good to make examples of") is
> nonsensical and likely leads to your arguments being ignored, regardless of
> how sophisticated they are (even though they aren't).

Thank you for elaboration! Well, someone's position per se can not make her/his
arguments more or less valid. They may contradict the position, or they may be
less or more valid… But it is impossible to make correct judgement of arguments
by looking at position alone.

Those (hopefully) hypothetical people basically smugly declare "I am right
because I know I am". Great for them! Bad for others though, because even if
they were right, no one but themselves will know that.

Idk, maybe because I had too wide experience, having contributed to dozens of
unrelated projects, having used a dozen of programming languages in various
paradigms, and having tried to grok various mathematical stuff, but one thing I
used to understand is: "However I am sure I am right, I may turn out to be
wrong". I wish those mentioned people had that understanding.