Re: Eglot and Tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Eglot and Tramp
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:44:36 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

Hi João,

> I've yet to test it out, but do you think it's possible to make
> this fix available in Emacs 27, given that the bug was found
> there?  I'm afraid we won't be able to advertise Tramp support
> in Eglot soon unless you do this.

Definitely not in Emacs 27.1. This is in pretest, and I don't want to
err out this release.

There are already *many* Tramp fixes which are on hold for Emacs 27. I
collect them in the Tramp 2.4 branch of the Tramp repository, and I will
merge all of them to the emacs-27 branch once Emacs 27.1 has been
released.

But don't worry: the Tramp 2.4 release is kept up-to-date in GNU
ELPA. Once you can confirm that the change works for you, I'll backport it.

> This is of course assuming that this fix does fix Eglot's attempts
> to use Tramp (which I or someone else still has to confirm).

Please tell me so. The next Tramp 2.4 release in ELPA is roughly
scheduled for end of June, 10 days from now.

> Thanks,
> João

Best regards, Michael.