Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs? WAS: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 05:58:40 +0200

Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> writes:

> 5. As a contributor, when I stumble upon a bug I could fix in
> software, first thing I usually do is go check it is not fixed in
> latest code and that there's no pending merge/pull requests that seem
> to fix that same thing. So, for example, I want to see pending
> patchsets to python-mode, can I do that with Emacs
> "bug-patch-tracker"? No, with debbugs.gnu.org you can either find
> pending patchsets, or you can make a text search, but over everything:
> bugs, patchsets, closed or not…

For the Guix project I wrote Mumi[1], an alternative web frontend to
Debbugs, which can be seen here:

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org

The idea was to provide something that’s reminiscent of the Github
experience without abandoning what’s great about the mail-based
workflow.

The official Debbugs web interface also allows you to filter by
submissions with patches and by status, though it may not be easily
discoverable how to do that.

--
Ricardo

[1]: https://git.elephly.net/software/mumi.git