Re: git-send-email

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: git-send-email
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:59:26 +0300

> Cc: stefan@marxist.se, alan@idiocy.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>  schwab@linux-m68k.org, hi-angel@yandex.ru
> From: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>
> Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:51:33 -0700
>
> I mildly prefer patches sent via 'git send-email' to those sent via
> attachments,
> as I can review the patch directly without having to do any extra manipulation
> to see it.

With Emacs MUAs I'm familiar with, looking at an attachment is very
easy, almost like looking at the body.  I don't have any problems with
that.

> > how do I know it's in a proper format to be
> > processed correctly by Git?
>
> That problem exists independently of whether the message is sent as-is, or is
> put into an attachment.

Not if the body/attachment was formatted by "git format-patch".  Then
the patches have a telltale format and signature that identify the
format unequivocally.

> Are you using Gnus to process these messages?

No.