Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs? WAS: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 11:41:15 +0100

Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> writes:

> Oh, sure I can be mistaken. I see you replied to Dmitry's email, I had a
> follow-
> up on it. Does my follow-up mail change your opinion, or perhaps do you have
> some example in mind that a good commit message without the list would not
> solve?

I might have read it.  I'm not saying good commit messages are
impossible without the summarizing list; I'm just saying it's a good
thing to have, something I've grown accustomed to.  When composing them,
they're a good exercise in self-review.  But of course there's more ways
to skin a cat.  This just happens to be the way we use here.

It's not "for fun".  Of course is a mental cost in composing them,
especially if you don't do it often and use the friendly C-x 4 a
shortcut.  But there is a gain, too.

João