Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs? WAS: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 17:57:59 +0300

On Sat, 2020-06-13 at 17:33 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:23:31 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
> > Cc: hi-angel@yandex.ru, stefan@marxist.se, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> > > I don't know.  What did you mean by "apply"?
> >
> > git am ~/Downloads/bug_41684_message_5.mbox
>
> I didn't have an mbox file, I only had an email message which was not
> in git-format-patch format, and whose commit log message needed some
> work.
>
> Anyway, I will gladly delegate the job of pushing these forgotten
> patches to someone else, if they volunteer (or just do it even without
> volunteering).  I only pushed this because no one else did, for more
> than a week.  I thought I was doing okay by following up on those
> patches.  Or am I missing something?

FTR, I'm really thankful to you for taking a look at the patch, as well as to
all
other wonderful people here for maintaining Emacs. My text was just addressing
weak points of current development approach and is an answer to the question
"why
don't people upstream their packages to Emacs". There's not much more to this
email, and the patch discussion only really mentioned in the first point by
virtue of being an illustration at hand.