Re: If undo-only why not a redo-only?

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: If undo-only why not a redo-only?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 18:41:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Stefan:

It is actually simple. The idea is to have more or less what undo-fu provides but in vanilla. I don't actually know if it is possible to do that for redo with what we already have there. (Probably yes and I don't know how)

The idea is to navigate only in one direction until the initial opposite action. or the other with the *-only commands, without the danger of switching unintentionally from undo to redo or vice-versa. If there is not more undo or redo or the next action is the opposite (redo/undo), just stop and do nothing (print a message maybe)

Basically I don't want to depend of undo-fu anymore for such a basic editing functionality as we already have the half of the work and because it tries to reinvent part of the wheel in my opinion.

Does it makes sense?