RE: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT)

> > BTW, why browse-url.el still doesn't support the Brave web browser?
> > Brave solved the problem of malware.  It's one of the most secure
> > and privacy-respecting web browsers.
>
> Not so sure about that:
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23442027__;!
> !GqivPVa7Brio!PGyydJ9-LLd8XIznjSJYn6c7uA9nqpwscDwdwqEeZPfto_aWii9FMcJ-
> c7L01E0p$

Thanks for that link.  Interesting discussion.
I'm no expert on these things, but this remark
there seems relevant:

  "Brave ads are opt-in, for people who would like
   to earn "shitty" cryptocurrency by clicking on them."

I opted out, at the outset.  Perhaps I'm not aware
of some other behind-the-scenes behavior that's
problematic.  I didn't read all of the page you
link to in detail, but my (maybe naive) impression
is that if you opt out of ads that pretty much
takes care of things.

The only technical problem I've encountered with
Brave, compared to Google Chrome, is that some
dropdown/pulldown lists on some sites don't work.