Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?

From: Van Ly
Subject: Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 10:01:34 +0000 (UTC)

 > Anyway.  FSF associates have the benefit of videoconferencing.  After
 > observing how people use "zoom" to videochat, can Emacs, VLC,
 > multicast streams, Blender's kind of UI combine for more ways to
 > work?

I don't have any idea what that could concretely mean.  I suppose
I have nothing against it, but it seems unimportant.  I hope this
won't draw effort and attention away from enabling Emacs to do
what we now use LibreOffice for.

well it was an ambitious bluesky shot in the dark second guessing where the "puck" will be at, assuming people will work more and more with video streams and automation intelligence, and for Emacs to gain superpower capability, you hear people say the open plan office may not come back beyond this globally viral pandemic

for Emacs to catchup to some of LibreOffice's UI capabilities is
concretely well-defined for where the "puck" was

        VanL

--
... dragons do not see stones, fish do not see water.