Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 12:29:50 +0200

Simen Heggestøyl <simenheg@runbox.com> writes:

> Hm, won't that be a problem when the user wants to use the lower and
> upper variants of the same character for different commands? That's done
> extensively in Org Mode's Export Dispatcher for instance. The bracketed
> layout approach has natural support for it however:
>
>   [f] Find foo  [F] Find bar

Is that intended? Org uses this for things like generate HTML in a file
or in a buffer, where the lowercase variant is what's more probable
(since you don't need to press the extra shift key). I can't think of
examples where something like this would be interesting when opening a
project? Or what would "foo" and "bar" be in your example? Find a file
or a directory?

I would have prefered read-multiple-choice, because the function is more
extensive than "just" a key-reading-loop, and seems to catch more
edge-cases.