Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 17:01:19 -0400

> And I propose to do the opposite: force the display engine to wrap the
> lines that are outside the table, and otherwise turn on
> truncate-lines.  I think this will be much easier to implement, and
> could even be done entirely in Lisp.

Yes, that works fine as well: the only real need is to be able to have
parts that are wrapped and parts that are truncated.  On the Elisp side
in case of Org table it would be more convenient to mark the tables as
"truncate rather than wrap" than to mark everything else as "wrap
instead of truncate", but if there's a significant difference on the
redisplay side, that should/will probably be the determining factor.

        Stefan