Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 23:01:33 +0800

> I don't understand what you mean by "not wrap the table".  If
> truncate-lines is nil, then long lines _will_ be wrapped.  The Emacs
> display simply don't have a third possibility: either long lines are
> truncated or they are wrapped.  Preventing wrapping can cause it to
> wrap the line at some other place, but wrap it will.
>
> So I don't think I understand the request, and therefore don't see how
> tables could be another relevant use case.  Can you elaborate?

I imagine 'cannot_wrap text property. Emacs would never wrap text at the
character with 'cannot_wrap property set to non-nil.

All the text in table can have this 'cannot_wrap property set to t.
Then, all the lines in the table will never be wrapped, even when
truncate-lines is set to nil.

Best,
Ihor

--