Re: Un-deprecating oset

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Un-deprecating oset
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 12:06:54 -0400

> I tend to think it should be un-deprecated.

Interesting.  I thought the whole CL -> CL-lib change was because we
didn't want to have in Emacs core libraries that stomp on the namespace
like that (funnily enough most of EIEIO's global names come straight
from Common-Lisp, oref/oset being the main exception ;-)

So does that also mean that EIEIO's names are now accepted into the
core namespace?  It seems rather odd that `defclass` is allowed into the
core namespace while `defstruct` had to be relegated to `cl-defstruct`.

        Stefan