Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 00:11:27 -0400

  > Would you intend that to produce existing open standard formats
  > (i.e. mainly OpenDocument Format files, but someone will inevitably
  > include DOCX and PPTX out of necessity)?

Sure, ideally.

  > Perhaps.  It depends on how much your vision actually requires native
  > support and how much can be done by utilising existing technology
  > which GNU Emacs already understands to produce that end result.

It is fine to make use of external free programs to do the job,
provided that gives good practical results.

Perhaps I didn't make this clear, but the goal I have in mind includes
WYSIWYG display of formatted text.

  > OTOH, there are reasons I almost never use Emacs to write fiction

Would you like to explain why?  We might learn something from seeing
your reasons.

--
Dr Richard Stallman