Re: Move newsticker to elpa?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Move newsticker to elpa?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 21:39:37 +0300

On 19.05.2020 20:30, Ulf Jasper wrote:
triggered by bug#41376 I am planning to resume work on newsticker.  Now
I am wondering if it were a good idea to start by moving newsticker to
elpa.  What is the common opinion or policy regarding moving packages to
elpa?

The opinions are split, but I don't see any downsides for Newsticker, in particular.

You could also make it a :core package, of course.