RE: shr.el rename?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: shr.el rename?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 22:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

> > As the file's header says, "shr" stands for "Simple HTML Renderer".
>
> I think the name html-render.el would be much better.
> Just seeing that in a directory listing, I would know what it does
> and I'd remember the name.

+1.  (But it may be considered too late...)

In general, IMO it's fine for a library to have
a short prefix for the names it uses (at least
2 chars + hyphen).  But the prefix shouldn't be
confused with the library name.

That is, there's no reason a library name needs
to be so short that it becomes obscure.  I'm
guessing that's what happens sometimes: the
library and prefix are the same (for whatever
reason).

I've even noticed in one of the recent threads
that a discussion about too-short prefixes (e.g.
`s-', not to mention just `-') at some places
morphed temporarily into a discussion of the
corresponding library name, `s.el'.