Re: Ligatures

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Ligatures
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 00:51:17 -0400

On 18/05/2020 23.47, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> (except when I want
> to change it to `=>`, of course).

Variants of this case are not too uncommon, and they're not always as simple as
removing the beginning of the composition to replace it with something else.
For example, I'm typing a regexp in javascript, enclosed in /…/; then I add a
backslash at the end of the regexp to escape a character that I haven't typed
yet, and \/ turns into a composition, and the point disappears.  Or I write
html, with a buffer that contains <a href>, I type an = sign after the href,
and => gets composed into ⇒, and the point disappears.  There are many such
examples, and if I lose my position, I need to delete part of the composition.