Re: Unify the Platforms: Cairo+FreeType+Harfbuzz Everywhere (except TTY)

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Unify the Platforms: Cairo+FreeType+Harfbuzz Everywhere (except TTY)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 18:50:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, Julius Pfrommer <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 17:06:35 +0200
>>
>> I am just reflecting over how I feel every time I peek
>> into souces. It feels like I am looking into sqlite ammalgamation :-).
>
> It was worse just a year ago.  It will be better a year from now.
> patches are welcome.
Are there any guidelines if one would like to restructure something?

For example, I am looking a lot in image.c I was playing with line drawing
on an image the other day, and I would love to not have to look into ns
and gdi code while working with x11 & cairo only. It is so easy to miss
if a single line is actually outside of some platform ifdef and similar. It
is so messy, at least if one is n00b like me :-).