Re: Consistent vanilla Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Consistent vanilla Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 21:19:48 +0100

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 9:14 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 14.05.2020 22:41, João Távora wrote:
> > This is very pretty, and very relevant.  It'd be nice if you could make
> > this a GNU ELPA package with no dependencies but the Emacs core
> > itself.
>
> An improved startup-screen as an ELPA package? That doesn't sound very
> useful. It's for new users, isn't it?

Aren't some ELPA packages to be bundled with the pre-packaged
Emacs thingamabob?  And I thought it would affect other aspects
not only the startup screen.  I'd like a package that changes the
defaults to something minimalist, pretty, well-designed, that doesn't
require a ton of MELPA bells and whistles, just Emacs.

Like an opinionated .emacs where package-install is totally absent.
Call it a theme if you like.

Anyway, just my 2c.
João