Re: Tramp nextcloud

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Tramp nextcloud
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 09:59:58 +0100

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 19:39, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>> Thanks for this.  And, boy, did this ever send me down a rabbit
>> hole... anyway, finally managed to get GNOME running and created an
>> "online" account.
>
> Hmm. I'm not good in documentation. If you have proposals for the
> manual, pls tell me.

Not your fault!  The rabbit hole was regarding gnome.  Obviously, it
would be best if tramp did not require external tools but that is
sometimes difficult.  I don't use gnome and the documentation for
gnome-online-accounts assumes that you are using gnome.

> I have a nextcloud account on host "ecloud.global" with the user name
> "michael.albinus@e.email". (Well, this belongs to the /e/ project, a
> Google-less phone). So I open in Emacs
>
> C-x C-f /nextcloud:michael.albinus@e.email@ecloud.global:/
>
> Does this help?

It helps in that it is more clear as to what I should be specifying,
maybe.  That is, I'm not sure if my account on my server requires the
email address or only the user id.  I've tried both and I still get the
error about the server not matching the local host regexp in both
cases...  I don't think tramp gets as far as trying to authenticate with
the server.

> If not, what OS, Emacs version and Tramp version (if not the Emacs
> built-in Tramp) are you using? Do you have enabled D-Bus in your Emacs
> built?

I'm using Emacs from git (28.0.50) with the built-in tramp.  My Emacs
was last updated a week ago (but happy to update at any time).

The settings for my Emacs configuration are:

#define EMACS_CONFIG_FEATURES "XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND
 DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE
 HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
 PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP"

so dbus does seem to be there.

Thanks again,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.6 on Debian bullseye/sid