Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 14:42:09 -0400

> It won't stay hypothetical if we allow incoherent packages into ELPA
> and start accepting their use in other packages and eventually in core.

We can simply refuse to incorporate `s.el` into core and then any
package which wants to be in core will first have to sop using `s.el`.

Accepting `s.el` into GNU ELPA does not mean we will accept it
into core.  Emacs and GNU ELP are both under our control, but we don't
need to (and we don't) apply the same rules to the two.

        Stefan