Re: project.el: git submodules?

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: project.el: git submodules?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 14:33:20 -0400

In my case at least, you're right and my submodule is seriously
confused. It has a .git/ dir which disagrees with the ../.git/modules
one. That's what was causing my problem. I've been doing a lot of work
in that submodule (multiple upstream repos, merges, pushes, etc.) and
perhaps something I did made it create that.

Apparently the correct way to do this is "git rev-parse
--show-superproject-working-tree". See
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7359204 for more info. (And in
fact that does work in my case even with my messed-up .git dir in the
submodule.)

--
Gary