Re: PL support

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 23:10:17 -0400

> I'm not really in favor of this approach.

I'm not in favor of any approach in particular either.

But it's not like we can avoid the issue.  The issue already exists and
has existed for years.  We currently solve it with READMEs and things
like that.  There's a lot of room for improvement.

> I don't believe Emacs should try to be making system-wide changes,
> especially since it's not necessarily even installed system-wide.

Then you'll configure that installation-library accordingly (or maybe
it'll even figure that out for itself).

> I think advanced functionality should Just Work out of the box.

Should we distribute within Emacs's tarball Git, GCC, and Texlive, plus
a healthy dose of LSP servers for good measure?

        Stefan