Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 05:23:17 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 15:36:31 -0400
>
> No, my situation is that I have someone sending me a pull request or a patch
> by email.  I can ask this person if they have an assignment, but I can't
> check whether they in fact do.

Then you describing a situation different from the one that started
this.  This thread is about copyright assignments for GNU ELPA, where
we discuss packages that already exist on some site that we consider
for adding to ELPA.

> > We are talking about the situation where all
> > you have is a commit made by someone in a Git repository other than
> > that of Emacs.
>
> I don't understand this part.  If there is no signature on that commit, how
> does it relate to the scheme I was proposing?

It relates to the subject of this thread, whereas you are talking
about something very different.