Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 21:15:38 +0300

> From: 조성빈 <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 02:19:56 +0900
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> would adding MELPA or at least recommending MELPA to add them be possible in
> Emacs?

Why are we required to recommend MELPA?  MELPA is known to everyone,
it advertises itself just fine without our help, and how to configure
Emacs to install packages from there is hardly a secret.  It is also
very simple.  The Emacs user manual includes a description of how to
add archives beyond ELPA to sites where package.el looks for
packages.  Everything is described and visible in plain sight.