Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 00:46:52 +0100

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:14 AM Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> If the alternative is the read time approach I think many people think
> >> it has disadvantages.
> > Which specific disadvantages?
> I think there as been recently other discussions here on this, you can
> look them up.  I'd say read-time side effects

Can you be specific? "Read-time side effects" _is_ the read-time
approach. At read time, you intern symbols, thus producing a side
effect, i.e. the program's state is different than before your read.  S
So your assertion is hard to understand.

> and symbol leakage.

Where to symbols leak to?  Where do they leak from? Are
you describing bugs from the future?

I've recently implemented a simple-minded <50-line
reader-based approach, I didn't see any "leakage",
but maybe I'm not looking the right place.

https://github.com/joaotavora/elisp-shorthand

João