Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 23:56:03 -0400

  > But you just described what dash does. ;-) It is just a collection
  > of list-handling functions such as they exist in modern functional
  > programming languages. If you're used to thinking in this paradigm
  > and then come (back) to Emacs Lisp, it feels like a hopelessly
  > clunky language. `dash.el` was written to remedy this.

That sounds like they could be useful facilities.  Since they are real
features, not mere aliases and trivialities, they would not have the
main flaw of s.el.

However, we should look carefully at the specific interfaces
of the entry points.  Including something into Emacs is a time
for regularizing little details.

Also, I get the impression the names don't fit Emacs's conventions.

--
Dr Richard Stallman