Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 19:01:35 +0100

> The difficulty about taking precautions,
> is that people see the inconvenience of taking them
> and may not weigh that against the harm the precautions prevent.

Perhaps, but at least be aware of the inconvenience and do all that you
can to lessen the inconvenience.

Provide a way that maintainers can see who has papers, provide a list of
the different emails people use, provide an API so that people can test
for it in their continuous integration, provide a way to track the
progress of the process.

Phil