Re: Questions about throw-on-input

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Questions about throw-on-input
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 10:55:27 -0400

> Can you elaborate on "won't have the desired semantics"?
[...]

> Here it is overly simplistic code that is close to what I am trying to
> achieve.
[...]
> This code is able to handle C-n but obviously it will break if someone
> starts another recursive-edit or for complex keybindings, e. g. `C-x b`.

I see you've found an example of "not the desired semantics".
There will be many others, most of which I can't even foresee.

BTW, maybe when Emacs is built with support for threads, timers should
be run in a separate thread (so you could just call `thread-yield` to
do what you want).

        Stefan