Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 09:23:40 +0200

> >   > I'm not sure why there's this sudden turnaround on this issue, maybe
> >   > I'm missing something.
> > I don't think there was a turnaround.  We never decided to include
> > s.el in GNU ELPA.
>
> Yes, I did.

I was sure that at least 3 people asked for it but now I can only find
you. I think I misremembered the following message from Richard to be
about `s.el`:

> Would someone with good social skills like to ask the developers of
> dash to move their development into GNU ELPA, or ask why they have not
> done so?  I am sure they can see the advantage of having their latest
> version available through Emacs.

There's something I don't quite understand tho, please explain it to
me: from my uneducated eye dash.el is very similar to s.el. If I
understood correctly having dash.el active in ELPA is something you'd
like but having s.el in ELPA would be "bad". I just don't understand,
almost all of the criticism that you did to s.el I can do to dash.el
as well ("useless" functions, clojure-like, already exists in Emacs
core but named differently, etc).

Philippe