Re: Poor quality documentation in edebug.el, and recursive documentation

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Poor quality documentation in edebug.el, and recursive documentation.
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 17:11:43 -0400

As far as I know, there's no way to provide documentation for a slot of a
cl-defstruct.  This sounds like a reasonable feature request (you're looking at
an auto-generated docstring).

> I certainly care about what this function does, and the one liner is
> gibberish. "Access slot "def-name" of ‘edebug--frame’ struct CL-X."

Really? You're looking at the documentation of a field accessor — can it be
made much better (sort of writing it by hand)?  It's really the same as the
following C function, assuming a struct called "backtrace" with a field called
"def_name":

  def_name_t backtrace_def_name (backtrace) { return backtrace.def_name }