Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 20:42:52 +0300

On 03.05.2020 20:29, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
The apropos command has pretty much the same problem with filtering and
ordering. Only more difficult, since it offers more matches.
It offers more matches because it finds what completion cannot.

See also what I wrote about apropos sorting.

Even if I start using apropos and the manual more, I will continue using
code completion and describe-xxx commands nevertheless, and better
naming would still help there.
It's okay to decide not to use some of the tools we have, if you don't
like them.  I'm talking to those who might decide otherwise.

Regardless of whether I regularly use the manual or not, it's not okay to dismiss subpar code completion experience just because we have separate commands that also do a more free-form search.