Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 16:03:33 +0100

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 3:45 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Years of using Emacs with its superb documentation and elaborate
> facilities to find stuff in that documentation caused me to be more
> demanding, to expect better documentation that is easier to access
> quickly.  I might compromise if something like that is not available
> when I'm working with other software, but I certainly don't want to
> give that up when I work on Emacs!  And I'm astonished to hear that
> people don't _want_ the documentation we provide and the help commands
> to go with it, and are willing to settle for API completion!

While I agree with your stance on documentation, only recently did I
start learning a bit the new `C-h` commands.  Are they new-ish?
For many years it was only `C-h f` and `C-h v` for me. But I don't read
NEWS consistently, I admit, because it's very large and full of stuff
I don't care about.

Anyway travelling to the Elisp manual is usual a matter of:

M-x info RET C-s elisp RET RET C-s thing-im-hopeful-to-find C-s C-s

But the manual is so good that it's worth it, IMO.  But if it that
transfer could be made easier (maybe it already is?), that would
be great. Is there a help command that brings us to the Elisp
manual page on a non-command function?

My point it that the manual-savvy workflow should be better
advertised. Maybe some photogenic person among us could
make a screencast or something, that has a lot of impact.

João