Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 18:21:34 -0400

> If all string manipulations are to have prefix `string-'

No we will never put *all* string manipulation under the "string-"
prefix, simply because there's no way to precisely define what is "all
string manipulation".

We know that we can't classify everything correctly.  So we feel free to
use "all" to mean something closer to "most" or "those where it's clear".

        Stefan