Re: Add some aliases for re-related functions

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Add some aliases for re-related functions
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 14:43:12 -0400

Is "re-" really a useful prefix?  What newbie will type "re-" when
they need regexp-related functions?  Where would they get the idea
that "re" stands for "regular _expression_”?

Just as an example, since I started programming with Python, I’m quite familiar with “re”. “Regexp” is also fine, I don’t have a strong opinion on this (especially for there are quite a few regexp-prefixed functions in Elisp).

Yuan