Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 12:56:03 -0400

> Sure. In that case, if it's _not only_ for that reason, then I
> would presume it to be mainly because it encapsulates useful
> behaviour.

It can also be "just because" (i.e. a question of habit).  In any case,
the point is that renaming the `s` library will go against the grain so
the old `s` will likely stick around anyway.  So I think we're better
off either switching to `s` or coming up with our own `string.el` which
we can design without having to worry about compatibility with `s`.

> Logically, those developers wouldn't mind keeping that useful
> behaviour and finding it under a different prefix/names.

I wouldn't bet on it.  It might have been true before `s` existed, tho.

        Stefan "who favors to `string-` prefix"