Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 18:53:31 -0400

> On May 1, 2020, at 2:16 PM, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 01.05.2020 21:09, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> we could probably rename some existing
>> functions to use the `string-` prefix
>
> We have both 'match-string' and 'string-match', which do different things.
> Any particular ideas for renaming?

That reminded me that regex-related functions are not very well-named, namely

re-search-forward
re-search-backward
replace-regexp-in-string
replace-match
string-match
match-string

These are what I can come think of on top of my head. String-match is
especially bad. Every times I search with string with re/regexp and just
couldn’t find the function that matches regexp in string… I suggest give every
re-related functions a re- prefix.

Yuan