Re: pull requests

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: pull requests
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:03:36 +0300

On 30.03.2020 08:58, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
IME, that URL is both for the Web interface and for accessing the repository.
If you point a browser there, you get the Web interface; if you clone from that
URL, you get the code.

Is that right?

I wasn't able to 'git clone'

  https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/merge_requests/1

or

  https://gitlab.com/eufs/eufs_sim/-/merge_requests/38

(the second one is definitely publicly available).

And anyway, it's a URL with the words "merge request" in it. So nobody should mistake it for an official distribution of any sort.

The only possibility of a mistake I was discussing was somebody linking for the branch directly (which is not something people do often), or basically intentional abuse of our code hosting platform.