Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:39:57 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:27:50 +0300
>
> If this project is successful, it is likely to reside entirely
> outside of Emacs core. Just like the lsp-mode project lives outside,
> and only filed a couple of bug reports when the built-in JSON
> support (which they really have to use) showed insufficient
> performance characteristics.

FWIW, I don't think it's reasonable to have such core functionality
outside of core.  Such external projects can never last as long as
Emacs did and will, because there's not enough resources to sustain
them.  Bringing them into core is the only way to both make them clean
enough and tested enough, and make sure they stay alive for many
years, let alone make sure applications are built based on them.