Re: Avoid duplicate emacs.exe / emacs-$version.exe

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Avoid duplicate emacs.exe / emacs-$version.exe
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 21:48:23 +0100

Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> Incidentally, I build, run and (sort of) test the Windows distribution
> under NTFS compression which all works fine. If these circumstances, I
> think, even the difference between two files or hard-linked is moot.

Not everyone has the luxury of commanding full configuration of their
computers. Some have to install software at the user level, without
administrator priviledges to do that configuration, or in a hardened
virtual machine or a computer that is not really up to the task of
handling everything with compression. So, while space nowadays seems
"free", if small changes can tidy up a piece of sofware, why not
implement them?

Best,

--
Juan José García Ripoll