Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:44:18 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:17:34 -0400
>
> > What about tree-sitter?
>
> Neat! It looks promising.  I forgot about this one.
> It seems that Atom uses it, so that's a pretty strong endorsement too!
> Could it be used with Emacs 25's modules? Otherwise, how can users define new
> languages without recompiling Emacs?

I'd start building Emacs with that library, and figuring out how to
interface it from Lisp for our purposes.  Only after that I'd worry
about making that a module and/or the ability to add languages.  "The
perfect is the enemy of the good", and many languages already have
support files ready to be used.