Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for networ

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for network process or subprocess?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:14:30 -0400

> Yes.  I want to block the sender for some time.  It is like to limit the
> bandwidth to 500KB/s or 10 packets/s.

[ Again, a concrete scenario where you show a practical need for this
  would help a lot in the discussion.  ]

There is no way currently for Emacs to "throttle" the incoming data,
indeed (other than by keeping itself busy).

We should maybe add a way to "suspend" processing the output of
a specific process (and calling `accept-process-output` with an
explicit process argument would override it).

It would be convenient to do that while debugging the execution of
a process filter.

        Stefan