Re: emacs-27 d66331a: Don't build the Gnulib 'utimens' module on MinGW

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-27 d66331a: Don't build the Gnulib 'utimens' module on MinGW
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 20:56:28 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:07:13 +0100
>
> In that case I should go the other direction. How about the following
> to remove the 1-char readahead for sockets (which then allows us to
> enable datagram sockets on MSWindows).

I have no idea whether and how the result will differ from what we do
today.  The sheer amount of "remarks" in the MSDN documentation scares
me.  E.g., what happens if the remote end closes the socket,
gracefully or otherwise?

IOW, I'd love someone who _really_ knows about Windows socket
programming to review this and compare with what we do now.  I'm not
that person, sorry.