Re: Regexp bytecode disassembler

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Regexp bytecode disassembler
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 21:37:32 +0100

21 mars 2020 kl. 20.19 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> I didn't mean the user manual, I meant the ELisp manual.  I don't
> agree that this command should remain undocumented, and I don't
> understand your opposition to making this more visible and more easily
> used.  Having users read the C code is quite an obstacle to some.

It's not meant for Elisp users. It's meant for those who edit regex-emacs.c.
Actually it was mostly meant for me because I was curious about how the matcher
worked.

I didn't expect this amount of opposition though, so I'm just going to add the
internal--regexp-bytecode function (which I expect to be fully
unobjectionable). Problem solved!

Thank you very much for the reviews!