Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 00:49:47 +0200

On 14.02.2020 11:52, martin rudalics wrote:
> I think we have made out due diligence and studied the problem with some detail, and we can write the details out to the Mutter bug report.
 >
> Maybe we'll have some luck, and one of the developers replies with a simple alternative fix? That happened to me before with other projects.
 >
 > I won't be holding my breath, of course.

I had a glimpse at

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/1733

but its Javascript use annoys me and I'm not very enthusiastic about
registering or signing in to post a reply.  So, if possible, please
pass along the information below to them.

That makes me sad regarding our chances to get off Debbugs someday, but sure.

At least I was going to, but Stefan beat me to it. So let's wait for their response now.