Re: Backslash-escaped brackets in string literals

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Backslash-escaped brackets in string literals
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:24:11 +0100

25 jan. 2020 kl. 18.15 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> I thought I've just shown you that disregarding this issue entirely is
> still premature.  I'm okay with maybe making the text less mandatory
> and more a recommendation, perhaps even mentioning older Emacs
> versions.  But removing it entirely? what's the rush?

And I thought I just showed you that 'C-x 4 a' had actually been fixed... Let's
shake hands.

It's perfectly normal to adjust the documentation to match the implementation;
no need for foot-dragging. Your point about being nice to users of older
versions is taken, though. Would this patch do? It retains the recommendation
while being clear about its purpose.