Re: Default emacs init file location confusion

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Default emacs init file location confusion
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 17:05:33 +0100

<https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>

    Colin> Yes, I've seen that url before. I was thinking more along the lines
of few
    Colin> words on why it's necessary now for emacs to adopt the convention -
it
    Colin> is after all only a convention. However, I don't want to re-start the
    Colin> ~/.emacs.d versus ~/.config/emacs argument!

Weʼre not adopting the convention, weʼre allowing users to take
advantage of it if they wish. I guess we could say that in NEWS, but I
fear it would be a bit tautological: "If you want to use the XDG
conventions, put your files in the XDG location"

Robert.