Re: Default emacs init file location confusion

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Default emacs init file location confusion
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 18:05:05 +0800

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 15:22, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't like to pop up questions at startup, brcause users don't expect such questions, and because people who would like to keep their existing ~/.emacs.d and yet use ~/.config for other programs will need to respond to this prompt every time they start Emacs.

I agree with your opinion in general, but I do need to point out that my proposal would not warn about $HOME/.config, but rather $HOME/.config/emacs.

Regards,
Elias