Re: Using incremental parsing in Emacs

From: yyoncho
Subject: Re: Using incremental parsing in Emacs
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 01:08:40 +0200

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, 00:10 Stefan Monnier, <address@hidden> wrote:

The question is how quickly this stops the parsing: any delay here
is very costly because the Elisp execution will have to sit idly waiting
for the parser to stop before it can continue its own execution.

Without looking into the implementation I bet that it checks for cancellations on each char. This means that we do not need to wait it to stop, we just have to ensure that if it reads one more char it is from the original content which could be achieved by caching one char ahead.